January 19, 2011

[D&D 4E][Magic Object] The swamp heart +2

I needed a magic staff to be found by my players and I was running a simple swamp encounter with crocodile people and a REALLY big crocodile lurking around.

That's what I've made for my players

The swamp heart +2
The green gem on top of this staff can control, to some extent, the wild forces of nature running through a swamp
Implement (Staff)
Enhancement: Attack  and damage rolls.
Property: When your attacks does not include a beast as a target you gain +2 to damage.

Critical: +4d4 acid damage.
Power (Daily): Move action.
Transform 6 squares in swamp until the end of the encounter.
Overload
10+: Everyone starting his turn in a swamp square you created is slowed until the end of his turn.
9-: You take 10 acid damage.


Overload?
Overload is a mechanic I borrowed from Gamma World. Basically a player can choose to let the object run wild, overflowing him with magical energy.
As a free action, the player makes a saving throw and applies the effects listed in addition to any other effect of the object.



NOTE: You can print and fold this image to give it to your players
The artwork was taken from *Zubby on DevianArt.com




Need more magic objects?
(UK) (USA) (IT) (DE) (FR)
NOTE: If you buy from here I will get a little income, with no extra cost for you. Just to be straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment